Pages

11.30.2007

Pot Pies... My Favorite

So I found this recipe on realsimple.com for super easy chicken pot pies. I've been making them once a week for about a month now - my hubby loves them and *gasp* he'll eat the leftovers! Last night he put a leftover one in the oven for 30 minutes, it was just like I made them the night before!

I absolutely love their fake it, don't make it recipes. They're all very easy, usually 5 - 6 ingredients in which you already have them on hand. On Wednesday I didn't have chicken, so I made beef pot pies with cream of broccoli and for frozen veggies, I had the Italian combo. I also added some Italian seasoning and a pinch of crushed red pepper.

1 8-ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
2 refrigerated piecrusts (such as Pillsbury)
1 10 ¾-ounce can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 375° F.

Defrost the vegetables in a microwave for about 3 minutes. Cut 2 piecrusts into quarters, to yield 8 equal pieces. Coat the inside of 4 small aluminum-foil pans (4 ½ inches in diameter, 1 ¼ inches deep) or 4 ramekins with vegetable cooking spray. Line the bottom of each with a quarter of crust, molding it with your fingers to fit. In a large bowl, stir together the soup and milk; add the remaining ingredients. Spoon about 2/3 cup of the mixture into each pan or ramekin. Top each with a piecrust quarter. Pinch the edges together and cut vents in the top. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.

NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES 572(0% from fat); FAT 32g (sat 6g); PROTEIN 25mg; CHOLESTEROL 61mg; CALCIUM 71mg; SODIUM 1221mg; FIBER 3g; CARBOHYDRATE 46g; IRON 3mg

No comments: