Pages

12.09.2007

I'm So Lazy. I Think...

Eh, that's life. Right?

Yeah, I've been kinda lazy since September. I don't know why I'm not as motivated anymore. I guess work has been crazy and I really like to have either a glass of wine or a bottle of beer when I get home from work. I used to to do Pilates 3 - 4 times per week. How many times a week do I exercise now???

Zero.

Yep, the epitome of laziness. I mean, I play Guitar Hero - that's exercise, right? I park at the back of the parking lot at work and I walk up and down the stairs during the day. Plus every time I leave or come back to the apartment I HAVE to take three flights of stairs. That's not too bad.

I had a salad and a sandwich yesterday. Today I made tomato soup instead of cracking open the Campbell's. I cleaned the bathroom. I cleaned the kitchen. I walked to the gas station earlier today.

Oh yeah, and I hate the New Year's resolution of losing weight. Seriously, I mean you can make that resolution every and any day of the year. I would much rather make a resolution to go to Paris or to save money in a 401k than to lose weight. That task of losing weight is just so daunting. If I've gained 10 pounds since May, I think that I can probably lose that weight again just by doing what I was doing when I was motivated.

So motivation, here I come!

Oh yeah, and here's my tomato soup recipe:

2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 small onions, diced
4 garlic cloves
1 brick of cream cheese (1/3 fat or whatever it is)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp rosemary (I had fresh on hand)
1 can of chicken broth

Sweat the onions and garlic together for 5 - 6 minutes. Add all other ingredients except cream cheese.

Then in batches, puree the soup in a blender and return to the hot pan. Add the cream cheese. Simmer for 20 minutes or until you can tell the onions have been fully cooked and are tender and the cream cheese is melted and creamy.

Honestly, you don't have to add cream cheese, I just had it on hand. It's still good without the cream cheese too!!!

PSH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think a good new years resolution would be to drink more rasberry vodka and coke zeros...that will solve everyone's problems. I will be there to pour!