Pages

8.15.2008

Artichoke Stuffed Chicken with Goat Cheese

Measure out the dry ingredients first - you might or might not thank me later.
Here's all the ingredients. Chicken, goat cheese, lemon, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, artichoke hearts, and olive oil (not shown, oops). Disregard the women's daily vitamins and the Execedrin. Moving is a pain. Literally.
Then ponder the thought of why you're not strong enough to put together your kitchen island. And remember that Bimmer Man will be home in a few days. Not to worry, only live in chaos for a few days (but, this post has been created after Bimmer Man got home, so really I'm remembering back to the day that I made this). Mmmm... goat cheese. It's so dang good. Spread it over crackers and I'm in Heaven.
But then I'm hungry. So get the chips instead. This is going to be my dinner instead.
And reach into the bag... Dang, there's almost no chips left...
Mmmm... It's a good thing Target brand is Archer Farms. They make the best potato chips. I should probably go running.
And then toss them to the side. There's goat cheese and chicken 'awaitin' for me.
Roughly chop the artichoke hearts, just enough to be bite size and flattened so you can roll chicken around 'em.
But whatever you do, do not come over to my house and just stick your hand in a drawer. Do you see the knife? Um, yeah, I'm still waitin' for that island.
Toss most of the ingredients into a bowl (except the chicken).
You're supposed to use some zest. Well, who the heck knows where my zester is? So I used lemon juice instead. Still tastes pretty fabulous. No worries...
Mix all together. I bet if you added a block of cream cheese and a bit of cream, mixed it all up and stuck it in the oven, it'd be a fabulous artichoke dip. Next time, next time.
I don't have much counter space, so I actually stick kitchen utensils (except for knives) in my apron. My apron used to be used for my pottery days, but since I don't have a wheel, well, let's just say that it's been repurposed. AND that's why it has pockets!!!
I've kinda got a gut. I need to go running more. I hope my neighbors weren't watching through the window. Oh, where's my beer?
Yea, no beer. But there's chicken! Beat it to a pulp! It should be about 1/4 inch thick.
Then, since I don't want chicken guts on my camera, I'll skip a step for photographing. Put about 2 tablespoons of filling on the flat chicken, roll it up, secure with a toothpick and throw (well, gently set) the rolled up chicken in a VERY HOT PAN. For 4 minutes on each side.
Mmm... filling...
Turn and then after 4 minutes on each side, shove into the oven for 15 - 17 minutes.
And voila!
Ingredients
2 1/2 tablespoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (3-ounce) package herbed goat cheese, softened
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Cooking spray

Preparation
Preheat oven to 375°.

Combine first 6 ingredients; stir well.

Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Top each breast half with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Tuck in sides; secure each roll with wooden picks.

Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Wrap the handle of pan with foil, and bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
Enjoy!
PSH

No comments: