Pages

8.06.2010

FOUND: Caterpillar

I got a little scare when I was picking basil for Panzanella and Pesto yesterday. This little guy.
He's towards the bottom of the container, on the right side by the second parsley plant that's hanging over the edge. I sort of used up a ton of basil yesterday. I think about 4 cups total. So yeah, I got 4 cups of basil from this one container. Pretty cool, right? Semi-free herbs!
He sort of scared me but then I realized that he's little and cute and will eventually be a butterfly. I'll have to look for him more in my container tomorrow to see if he's still there.

On another note, Rusty chased after a mole and caught it.

Luckily he didn't know what to do with it, except keep it trapped under his paw and sniff it. So when I thought it was a frog and it scurried away, I screamed like a little girl.

Oops. I guess that's what happens when you have a yard.

There's creatures.

No comments: