Pages

1.29.2011

This Month's Reads

Undead and Unwed (Queen Betsy, Book 1) is by Mary Janice Davidson. It takes place in Minneapolis (of all the places for vampires and crap... it had to be Minneapolis... and trust me... not all the geography is correct though the stereotypes of Edina are) and is short, sort of stupid but easy to read. If you're going on vacation or to the beach it'd be great to bring along. The next two are on my list to read when they pop up as available on paperbackswap.com: Undead and Unemployed (Queen Betsy, Book 2) & Undead and Unappreciated (Queen Betsy, Book 3) (Berkley Sensation).

Kitchen Confidential Updated Edition: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly (P.S.) I'm only about halfway through. It's very rough, straight to the point and sometimes disgusting. I like it. I like it a lot. Well, I really like the show "No Reservations" so I knew that I'd probably enjoy this. He takes you through his career, lets you in on restaurant secrets and makes you laugh. Yes, he was formally trained, but he also takes you through the early stages of his career and how he chose to become a chef and food lover... And of course, there's always the drugs, booze and sex going on in kitchens... So it's fairly good, I can't wait to have time to finish it!

No comments: