Pages

3.22.2011

Fettuccine With Peas, Shallot & Herbs

It's thisclose to summer and fresh herbs and veggies from the garden. I'm tempted to plant peas, but knowing what happened last year with tomatoes, I think I should probably buy a bigger fence for my veggies!
This recipe has mint - feel free to leave out or sub with basil. I just love how green it is!
Cook the peas with the pasta the last few minutes of the cooking time. This recipe is from my Real Simple recipe app on my iPhone - it's so nice to have while standing in Byerly's. I don't think I can go grocery shopping without recipes in front of my anymore, isn't that awful?
Saute the shallots, I cut them up nicely since I didn't really know if I wanted big hunks of shallot in my teeth.

And cheese. I love cheese.
Mix all together and enjoy. YUM.

Fettuccine With Peas, Shallot, and Herbs

* 12 ounces fettuccine (3/4 box)
* 1 10-ounce package frozen peas
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 6 shallots, sliced
* kosher salt and black pepper
* 1/2 cup grated pecorino or Parmesan (2 ounces)
* 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
* 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped

1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain, and return the pasta and peas to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the shallots, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Toss the pasta and peas with the shallots, ¼ cup of the cheese, and the reserved cooking water.
5. Fold in the parsley and mint. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese and serve.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Peas are probably my favorite vegetable. This looks awesome.