Pages

7.05.2011

Sew Liberated Tunic

Here's my very first garment project. A tunic. It should be easy enough, right? I think there's only about 25 steps and I'm halfway through Step 1 (which is to trace and cut the pattern with butcher paper, as you can tell, I had a little help with Mich Golden Light).

I guess this is a pretty popular pattern, so hopefully if I get stuck I can google directions or tutorials or maybe find some pictures on Flickr.
And here's the fabric that I picked out - it's Michael Miller. The stripes go the long way, not the horizontal way, I don't want to look any fatter than my size 10 self. I was looking for gray stripe fabric like in the picture but I couldn't find any, so here is this stripe instead. I'm hoping that it doesn't look too awful when I'm done.

No comments: