Pages

5.29.2013

Memorial Day

In a way I was dreading this day, but at the same time I was so looking forward to it.

The last time I visited my dad's grave, I couldn't even get out of the car. I parked, took a deep breath, and got the urge to drive on, so I did. I wanted to tell him about all the awesome things but I couldn't. I can't remember if it was because we were moving to Indiana or that I was engaged. 

Now my visit included my child. 

Plus two other people buried at Fort Snelling that needed to be remembered. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I knew 3 people in one cemetary or that I wanted my dad to meet The Monkey. But we did it. 

Unfortunately all the parking spots were taken up by Betty & Stu, but we waved as we went by their cremation spots. They are also within walking distance, so that wasn't too bad. Memorial Day was busy, and now I'm so glad we stopped & visited (and I do talk to my dad, I'm THAT person at the cemetary, had The Monkey not been with me I would have whipped out my phone to show pictures!).



2 comments:

Erica said...

I bet your dad loved meeting the monkey! :)

Erica said...

I bet your dad loved meeting the monkey. :)