Pages

8.23.2014

Review Series - Part 2 - Arbonne Cosmetics

I didn't buy a whole lot from Arbonne, but I did try a few things.

First, let me tell you about my beauty routine.




Um, yeah, that blank spot... that's it. I don't really have one. Isn't that awful? I thought all women had beauty routines.

I use Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser on my face in the shower, toner at night, toner in the morning, and most definitely Doterra's Melaleuca oil on any random oily spots and zits (especially my forehead and chin after I've been biking!). I still get zits, sometimes bad ones, I still have oily skin in spots, I break out randomly, and I have larger pores than I did when I was younger.

So, since I don't really have a beauty routine, I decided to go ahead and try it.

The Arbonne rep gave me a little sample bag (I think they may be called friendship bags?? Not sure, I didn't pay that much attention...) with the Calm Collection in it.

Let's just say that it didn't go well. I stopped using my usual stuff since the acne stuff doesn't mix well when you use it with other acne products (I get a little itchy, I've used two acne products at once before and I didn't want the same thing to happen again). I don't use much on my face anyway so when I did 3 steps, I'm not sure what did it but my face was as red as a tomato and it seriously looked like I spent hours in the sun without sunblock on. So it didn't go well.

However, there was this gel eye roller thingy that was pretty cool. I used that on its own after my face looked like a tomato and decided I really liked it, so I bought it. In four months, I can see that the bags under my eyes aren't as dark (I use it at night and in the morning), the skin is softer, and I think it's maybe helped combat some wrinkles. Maybe. I'd buy it again. Especially in the winter since my skin gets so dry here in Minnesota.

But here's the catch - I was looking at the bottle and it only lasts 6 months. If you don't use it every night and day, you'll end up tossing a whole lot, so I've really forced myself to use it, which is why I think it's working. I'm really not great at following through with skin routines. If it's easy, you've got a 50/50 chance that I'll continue it.

I also bought eye shadow. I decided to try something new so I bought a green eye shadow. It's ok. By that I mean, I'd much rather spend more money on MAC, Clinique, or STILA. Arbonne's eye shadow is matte and I prefer shimmer shades over matte - I did have to sort of layer it on because it can be pretty powdery depending on what you use to apply it (I used a sponge brush first, hated how it turned out, then used an angled brush, hated that too, and then I used a round small paint brush and I liked that, what can I say? I'm an artist, if I can't find a brush in my make-up bag, then I raid my fabulous assortment of expensive paint brushes!). It's also a single shade so I did apply a layer of a shimmer powder over it. I don't think I'd buy it again, I'll just use it up.

Overall, I would say, if you like trying new beauty products, go for it. Buy something you want to try and let me know how it went. I'm interested in trying the mascara next, but I just bought a new one from Clinique (I buy mascara often, my eyes can tell me when it's old before I even have to look at the expiration dates). I do like trying anti-aging products, but I'm also not interested in paying over $300.00 for a set. I'm not quite that into the anti-aging stuff yet. I will buy the gel stuff again, maybe I'd try out the nutrition bars (but it's $25.00 for 10 bars, when the Luna bars at Target are 6 for $5.00 right now). Maybe if I have extra fun money later this year I'll order a pack.

I've never been to an Arbonne party or anything like that - I just ordered from the rep and put her number into the website when it asked for your information. If you want a referral for any of the products I mentioned, let me know and I'll get you connected.

Have you tried any Arbonne products? What did you try? Did you like them? Would you recommend them? Order again?

No comments: