Pages

11.01.2014

Super Easy Brown Sugar Sage Squash

Let me start this by saying I LOVE SQUASH. I really think that Fall is so great just because of squash. When I'm seriously tired of chopping tomatoes and eating cucumbers, the weather turns and suddenly there's loads and loads of delicious squash.

And unfortunately for me The Monkey has decided not to eat it. It might leave more for me, but it definitely disappoints me that she doesn't like it. I don't think she's even really tasted it but whatever... she'll eat it when she's ready.


Super easy ingredients: (for each half of squash)
2 fresh leaves of sage
1 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425. 
Put each ingredient into your squash half. 
Wrap squash half in tinfoil.
Bake for 1 hour. 


I scoop the squash out and mash it all together in a bowl so it looks like mashed potatoes. It's easier for me to serve that way, but I think as the Monkey grows I'll just plop the squash half on plates. I feel like that's the best way to eat it.

No comments: