Pages

7.22.2019

Hibiscus!


With Captain America in the background! HA!

This is my first year attempting to grow a Hibiscus and it's been great - I bought two and one has not exactly thrived, but when Baby Chewie picked it out, it looked a little limp and sad with some dead edges on leaves. I didn't have high hopes for it - but it's come back strong and there's lots of buds on it. I think it'll be even more awesome by the end of August when the temperatures are even more tropical than now. 

Now I'm curious to see what happens over winter - I think I can bring them inside so maybe I'll do that and see if I can keep them alive. I've over wintered my mint plant for 3 years now and it's looking super lush and beautiful. I've also over wintered sage and oregano - all the herbs have come back more lush than the year before. I'll give it a try!

No comments: