Pages

1.26.2021

2021 Garden Plans

 As it snows right now, all I can think about is my garden.

I ordered a garden arch to go over our front sidewalk, but Amazon sent me two - so I think what I'm going to do is set it up in the backyard so it leads into the back garden by the composter and flowers back there.

Last year no one helped with the veggie garden and barely anyone volunteered to help with anything actually. So this year I'm not going to start veggie seeds - instead I'm going to focus on flowers and herbs. I'll put in a few veggies here and there but I'm not going to do anything big this year besides tearing up more grass (well, putting down cardboard over it, really) and transform more front yard to pollinator habitat. And same with the backyard.

For the sandbox - it has a hole in it, so I'm going to just put the sand in the garden and the dog and Quentin can just dig in the garden. I'll find a large bin to keep the toys in that can stay outside year round. I'll keep that closer to the house or maybe I'll just put it by the fence. Not sure - I'm going to have a ton of hostas to move this year too and split! I'm going to move all the ones I need to split to the north side of the house and take up more rocks (move the rocks out to a friend's house because they need gravel for their driveway). 

There's so much to think about! I'm so excited to have our outdoor space again. 

No comments: