Pages

2.22.2021

Suck it, Covid!


20.2 miles on the bike down. WOOHOO!!!

My lungs are still recovering from yesterday on the bike. I am still out of breath walking up and down stairs, walking the dog, etc... But I seriously push myself to exercise because I LOVE my bike and I really enjoy exercising. It's good for me. It's fun. but my lungs. 

So in any case, my lungs still feel tight, my watts are only half of what they were pre-Covid. I like endurance biking anyway, so this doesn't bother me too much - going slow and steady is better when it comes to Covid lung recovery. I'll bike again on Wednesday morning and push for another 20 miles - but not worry about my outputs because honestly, at this point, I'm on the bike and I'm working out. How professional athletes can recover so quickly after having their lungs ravaged by Covid is just mind boggling. Bodies are amazing and do amazing things. 


 

No comments: