Pages

10.05.2007

Mashed Potatoes & Gravy

Yes, I do make my own mashed potatoes and gravy. Well, the gravy comes from a packet but I do make the gravy that you had as a kid in school - you know, the ground beef gravy. It's just so good!

Mashed Potatoes
Cube 3 Idaho potatoes, 1 inch cubes
Salt & Pepper
2 tbsp butter or margerine
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp fresh herbs, whatever you have on hand, basil, parsley, etc...

Gravy
1 Brown gravy packet
1/4 lb browned ground beef/sirloin
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 tbsp grill seasoning (I use McCormicks)

Boil the potatoes until VERY soft - I think it's about 15 minutes, maybe longer depending on your potato cube size. Drain and put them back into the hot pot. Mash them with a potato masher or a fork if they're very soft. Add in the milk, margarine, cheese, herbs, salt & pepper. Stir to combine.

While your potatoes are boiling, brown your meat, add the steak seasoning. Then add your gravy packet, let cook for 1 minute. Then add your 1 cup of water, whisk all together. Let bubble and reduce down.

Serve with a salad. Yes, my meal does consist of just mashed potatoes because I can't stop eating them. Yum!!!

PSH

No comments: