Pages

1.04.2008

2008 Resolutions

Yes, even Pattymctatty writes new year's resolutions.

I've started a new blog, a decorating blog actually. Ever since I was younger, I've always loved decorating and for those of you that do not know me well, I started off as an interior design major but HATED my professors. Decorating and designing is very subject to each person's love of style. My style, I think, is normal and relates to people's every day lives. My professors on the other hand, didn't think so. They wanted everything to be expensive and fabulous and great and designer and blah, blah, blah. Especially since the Jack Lenor Larson Gallery was on the second floor (world renowned fabric designer). I say, if you can't afford it, then fuck it.

So www.smallapartmentbigideas.blogspot.com was created out of my love for decorating for a small scale space on a small scale budget. With environmental thoughts in mind. I have everything from organizing your refrigerator to environmental cleaning on a budget listed in my new blog.

I know, I know, Pattymctatty is a gemini and so I can be interested in many things all at once and eventually I stop doing something. This past fall, I stopped doing photography. It just didn't have the appeal that it used to. I started cooking. I started organizing other people. All in all, I've realized one thing about my personality - I jump from interest to interest and drop what I've been doing in an instant, that's a gemini for you (hence the tattoo on my back, which fits me more than anyone knows). That's my personality and at the moment, I'm being incredibly truthful.

And so for this year, I can't change my personality, I can only enhance it. I've decided to continue doing things which enhance my life and make it more meaningful. You'll see that I'll be writing more blogs and trying to change my ways to be more environmentally friendly. So to list my resolutions:

1. Shop at the farmer's market this summer.
2. Become a more creative person - know what's trendy in the design field.
3. Keep in touch with my Minnesota friends. All of you are so important to me, that sometimes I forget that it takes two.
4. Keep my IBS in check, eat less red meat, less raw veggies, etc... I've been horrible to my body and now it's become a HUGE problem. (Eek, sorry, TMI)
5. Drink more water.
6. Bring my reusable bags to the grocery store EVERY TIME I GROCERY SHOP.
7. Donate my time to a fabulous envinronmental cause besides doing all the "free" stuff.

I honestly hope that all of these are attainable. As I get older, the years go by more quickly and so I forget that you only have so much time here on Mother Earth. I still miss my dad, even more than 5 years later, and his death still reminds me that I have great friends and great family and I should never forget that and never, ever take them for granted.

About a month before he died we were talking about gardening and what we were going to do in the garden later that year - those things never happened. I don't want to say that I'm going to do something and never do it, I want to be able to live my life with no regrets and do exactly what I want to do. That same damn garden reminds me of all the pesticides that he put into it. I want to reverse his decisions, but I can't. So, that's one reason why I would like to make earth a better place for our children. My father made horrible decisions when it came to pesticides, but his daughter is doing everything she can to make the environment better for her children (whoops, third person).

In any case, this new year and my new blog will hopefully change people's minds of global warming and make them see that what you do now changes our children's future. So please, recycle, get reusable grocery bags and change your light bulbs. Those three things can make a difference in your children's futures.

PSH

No comments: