Pages

1.03.2008

Honey Mustard Chicken

Eh, I've had a craving for honey-mustard anything lately. I just can't seem to stop ordering chicken fingers with honey-mustard sauce at any restaurant lately. Must be a protein craving.

I've been doing SparkPeople for about a month now. It's really opened my eyes to what I'm actually putting in my mouth. I've also been reading a lot about proteins and fats, and realizing that I need WAY MORE protein than I've been eating. I do love chicken, I just don't like it everyday and so I need more foods with protein. But here's the chicken I made last night. I usually make chicken with roasted potatoes.

Honey-Mustard Chicken

1 lb chicken breasts (cook all and then use leftovers for another dinner, like pot pies)
3 tbsp Grey Poupon mustard, or any grainy mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic, chopped

Whisk all ingredients together except for chicken.

Marinate chicken for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Heat grill pan over high heat. Sear on both sides for 5 minutes each.

Put in oven for 15 - 20 minutes for super thick chicken breasts or 10 - 12 minutes for thinner chicken breasts.


Every time I finish meat off in the oven, it turns out nice and juicy. If you decide not to use a grill pan, you can make a gravy with all the juices that end up in the pan. Yum!!!!

PSH

No comments: