Pages

11.15.2008

Mediterranean Chicken Soup - Kind Of...

I didn't really have too much time. Nor power in my battery left for too many photographs. Oops. Oh, well. It happens, right??? Instead of following directions, I tend to go out on my own. Yesterday I attended a conference and we watched a NatGeo photographer try and tell us to be creative. For a photographer to tell non-photographers to be creative, well, let's just say that it's hard to translate to a cubicle. HA! I have to laugh...
Chicken, carrots, onions, celery, sage, capers, oregano, 2 bay leafs, salt & pepper. Plus, half cup of chicken stock (to start, you'll add 6 - 8 more cups chicken stock once cooked through...)
Add the brine too. It makes it nice and salty. Yum!
Plus sage & oregano, maybe only 1/2 - 3/4 tsp of each. No biggie. Whatever smells good!
Yum!! Add all into the crockpot, turn dial to low and leave it be for awhile.

Once cooked 7-8 hours on low, shred the chicken, add back into the crockpot. Bring 6 - 8 cups chicken broth to a simmer, add into crockpot and then you have soup. Freeze or serve, whatever! It takes great on a cold, rainy, Autumn day!

Enjoy!

PSH

No comments: