Pages

7.25.2010

Honey Mustard Chicken With A Smidge Of Lemon

I love grill food. It's so easy. You just throw stuff on the grill, turn when it's not sticking and then wait for it to be done and then eat.

So this is really just a guestimate of this marinade. It's super easy (yep, really easy!).

1/3 cup of mustard, I used Grey Poupon Creamy Dijon
1/4 - or less cup of oil (veggie or olive oil, I've used both before, the veggie oil cooks well at higher temps though), we have a pourer thingy, so count to 3 regularly twice and I think that's about what I used
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper, a good smidge of each
2 good squeezes of honey, I think about 2 tablespoons
You can add garlic, I did not though

Mix everything with a whisk, start off with a minimal amount of oil and then add more if the marinade is kinda thick, however, you don't want it too thin because you don't want it all to run off on the grill. So it's consistency should be like a thick ranch dressing.

Marinate for at least one hour.

Then grill.

You first put it on one side, then when it doesn't stick, flip it over to the other side.

When it doesn't stick anymore, I usually grill for another minute and then it's done. I let it rest for 5 minutes. I was grilling other stuff too, so don't like, be afraid of those grill juices or anything.

Ok, have a great weekend! Get your grill on!

No comments: