Pages

7.19.2010

Penne with Chicken, Tomato & Basil

Easy. Isn't pasta just so easy? It's a go-to meal when you only have 30 minutes. Or 25. Or maybe 15. In any case, pasta is fantastic.

And so was the fresh basil from my garden!!!

So here's the ingredients:

1/2 lb of pasta, I like penne
2 chicken breasts, grilled and then sliced thinly
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt, pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese for topping
Fresh basil - about 1/2 cup lightly packed and julienned
1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water

Make the pasta. Reserve 1/4 cup of the water.

Saute the onion and garlic until clear. Add in the tomatoes. Cook until the tomato juice has reduced by about half (but I was in a hurry, so I didn't really wait that long...). Then add in the salt and pepper and the basil, along with the pasta water if it seems to need it. Mix with the chicken and hot pasta.

Serve topped with parmesan cheese and garlic bread for sopping up the sauce.

YUM.

P.S. While I was making this, I thought that I should wear a shirt that showed cleavage, a la Giada...

No comments: