Pages

12.04.2011

If I Haven't Been Decorating OR Cooking...

What in the world have I been doing?



I've been crocheting like a mad woman. The above is just a very small sampling of what is in my closet. I have so many freakin' handmade scarves, but just not enough to do a craft fair - I think if I had really put my mind to it this past year, I could've had a stock of maybe 75+ to do a 3-day craft fair but alas... I was lazy and didn't think of it until October.

So instead I opened up an Etsy shop and just sort of left it... didn't advertise, didn't really do anything, let it sit... let it fester... and then finally got up the courage to list the scarves. And I sold one. EXCITING. So now I have to keep crocheting scarves to keep the stock up. HOW IN THE WORLD DID I GET MYSELF INTO THIS? Oh, by crocheting in the first place and having way too many scarves for ME to wear.

And confession: because I really didn't put too much stock into Etsy, I totally crapped out when taking pictures. I honestly didn't think I'd sell anything or anyone would even look at it. HA. I guess I better get my rear end into creative gear and start taking better photos...

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

What about posting them on Etsy? I think lots of people would be interested in them. They look fabulous. I wish I had the patience to even attempt to knit or crochet, but I just know that'll never happen. Good job on those--I'm impressed!

Whosyergurl said...

Patty,
you are on etsy? could you send me your link?
cherylkay77@gmail.com

Thanks! Cheryl