Pages

8.21.2018

Husband Stresses Wife More Than Kids...

After reading this article (which is YEARS old, btw), I have to think...do wives just wait for their husbands to die so they can stop taking care of someone else?

From the article, when wives die first, the husband's health deteriorates whereas when the man dies first, the wife's health drastically improves. So really, are we just waiting for them to die so we can be healthier?

Ironically enough the most stressful thing happened to me yesterday. Bimmer Man got home from his vacation about an hour and a half before the kids and I did. But somehow...he couldn't take 30 seconds out of his time to order a pizza for dinner for the family - but he could browse Instagram which led to me getting frustrated and quite frankly, I didn't fucking make him dinner. He was acting like a child, which totally proves the point of the article. My husband stresses me out more than my children.

I know this has happened to so many women, probably all, and not just once in awhile, every fucking day - and it's because of the patriarchal society. When men think they're better than women, they think that their PARTNER should cater to them. I think that's bullshit. In no way do I want my daughter to marry someone that thinks she should cater to him (or her! Whomever she loves!). So no, I'm not going to make dinner for someone that thinks it's ONLY MY JOB to feed the family. It's his fucking job too.

So this article is seriously still relevant YEARS after it's publishing and I feel like when it was published it seemed to be a running joke. But now I can honestly say...it's true...and that's pretty sad. I'm not sure what it takes to change someone's mind or turn the tide or anything that can change the patriarchal society other than raising boys to be humble as hell. To teach them how to cook, clean, freeze fresh corn, scramble eggs, do laundry, grow flowers, and clean toilets. Chewie will ABSOLUTELY know what his children's clothing and shoe sizes are, he will know how to buy tampons for his partner. I think this is really the only way to change the sexism in America. Both of my children will be sent to college with my recipe cards, know how to do laundry and how to hand wash dishes. They'll get cleaning supplies and I will hold them to high standards. And any roommate of theirs that doesn't know how to do these things...I will fucking teach them because knowing how to live and take care of yourself is basic living and any parent that doesn't teach these things is leaving their child with a disadvantage.

UGH. So I'm leaving you with a photo of my vegetables. Some day Chewie is going to know how to grow some fucking vegetables.

No comments: