Pages

8.21.2018

Meal Plan 8/21-8/24

I have none. We were in Duluth. I didn't have time to think of one. HA!!

I do know that I didn't freeze sweet corn in time from last week's CSA so that needs to be composted. I've got a few overripe tomatoes that I can make a small batch of tomato-basil soup.

I also have a bunch of Mint-Basil. I think I'm going to harvest that and freeze it in water so I can mix it into my smoothies in the morning. And I don't like kale in smoothies, I think it tastes weird but I know I have to mix up the greens - to give my body enough variety of minerals and vitamins so I don't get an overload of a single mineral/vitamin.

In the freezer I have both beef AND pork roasts - I also have a lot of Adobo seasoning which is currently the favorite of the kids and mine. I think that would be really good with the pork roast - along with some grilled corn and some sort of tomato/cucumber salad.

The carrots from the CSA this year are AMAZING. I need to shred some up to make some carrot muffins and also for a pasta salad. The princess pasta salad from the Disney cookbook is amazingly delicious and easy - I can make that for dinner on Friday to leave with the sitter (because I GET TO WATCH A BOXING MATCH! I'M SO EXCITED!).

And then we got a new delicious quark cheese in the CSA box too, spread over an english muffin is SO GOOD.

Oh, man. I definitely don't want summer food to end!


No comments: