Pages

3.04.2019

When It Rains It Pours

Maybe it should be, instead of snow flurries, we get blizzards.

So much has happened in the past few weeks. Good, bad, ugly, worse.

Chewie gets violently ill when he eats shellfish (crustacean AND mollusk). He also randomly pukes and gets fevers.

The original laundry tub fell apart and needed to be replaced along with some pipes and a drain needed to be snaked. As our cleaning person pointed out - she said now we won't have that cement sediment going down the drains from the laundry tub falling apart which should hopefully mean we won't need it snaked again for a really long time.

Because of 40+ inches of snow, the air vents were covered on our roof and they started leaking so we've been clearing snow/ice from our roof for weeks now. YAY FOR REPAIRING AND REPAINTING PLASTER.

The dishwasher was leaking (all the way into the basement!), which thankfully was a super easy fix - the seal needed to be replaced.

The toaster died.

I need a new pair of glasses.

The battery died in the Honda.

My phone needs to be replaced.

The list keeps going on.

So I've been a little crabby lately. I haven't been my best self. I HAVE been taking my prescribed 20,000iu of Vitamin D plus extra. But that somehow hasn't been helping. Mostly I think I just need to NOT shovel snow for a week. HA! Or roof rake (I've been shoveling AND roof raking neighbor's houses too for the past few weeks!). I think I need a day of 40 degrees and sunshine.

I have read a few great books lately - Washington Black; The Alice Network, I just started Bel Canto by Ann Patchett.

I've been working out almost daily thanks to Beachbody On Demand (no, I'm not going to sell you crap), so hopefully biking long distances this summer will be better, more fun, and not as painful as last year. My quads and ass are killing me two days later and later today is core day. So yay for painful abs two days from now.

The Monkey's old preschool closed so I had to scramble to find a new preschool for Chewie - by the way, preschools are SO FREAKING COMPETITIVE. It's seriously like college applications for babies. I was afraid we wouldn't get into the next preschool closest to our house and I would have to start the search all over again. Chewie is starting in the fall but all applications are generally due by February 1. And most kids arent' ready for school yet which means it's even harder to predict your child's personality to pick a school. This is ridiculous because you should just be able to go to the nearest neighborhood preschool but there's really no neighborhood preschools. UGH. It's a challenge and I'm hopeful that I found the right school for Chewie. So YAY for 2.5 hours per day to myself 3 days per week (aka my cleaning and riding time!).

And one of my best mom friends is moving to Colorado - since we visit Colorado every year, I will still get to see her but it's still sad.

Gosh, I've really word-vomited everything now, haven't I?

No comments: