Pages

3.08.2019

Massive Toy Purge

I absolutely need to get rid of more shit. The kids are older, but at the same time, not really. They're done with the play kitchen. Wooden puzzles are out. Pretty sure the Megablocks are done too. I'm happily purging all the toys.

I've been posting stuff on Facebook groups for awhile now but it seems that a lot of other people are doing the same thanks to the new Marie Kondo show (which I have some serious problems with - there's a few episodes where the men blame their wives for the house being dirty. I mean really, they have two working hands and know where the freaking garbage is, they can pick up a dust rag). So next I'm going to haul everything to the ECFE consignment sale this spring. I'm going to sell and purge EVERYTHING. I might even need two car loads. but purging toys with kids is really hard - they find the garbage bags and SUDDENLY WHAT THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED WITH IN YEARS IS THEIR FAVORITE TOY. But it then gets tossed aside in an hour. UGH.

Last week I had a friend go through two large Ikea bags of stuff and I happily gave more than half of it away. I just can't  deal with all the stuff anymore. I feel like this sense of "too much stuff" happens nearing the end of winter, close to spring - it's the time when everyone needs a sense of renewal and lightness. The sunshine helps, but so does getting rid of everything.





So next I'm off to photograph and list everything that I can during one episode of Daniel Tiger. Wish me luck!

No comments: