Pages

10.18.2019

The Terrible Threes

We went through the Terrible Threes with The Monkey so long ago, I barely remember it. I'm pretty sure I drank a lot of alcohol. And yelled. And was so frustrated. But we got through it. And now that same boundary-pushing, demanding, insolent behavior is back with Baby Chewie. UGH.

So I'm here to say that parenting the age of three is awful. It's frustrating. It makes me want to drink copious amounts of alcohol to never remember this age so that I can think he's a little angel forever. Or maybe just black out the parts where he tries to climb over fences, irritate the dog, and demand he get all the sugary treats in the world. FOR EVERY SINGLE MEAL. Nice try, honey. 

So to all the other parents out there dealing with three year olds, I'm right there with you. We shall overcome this terrible age and we shall get through it with blinders on to never look back. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TRYING AND TERRIBLE TIME.



No comments: