Pages

9.05.2020

Favorite Daily Summer Moisturizer


This is one of my favorite moisturizers for summer. It's light, and not only is it light but it's also SPF30 - there is another option that's SPF17, which I may try this winter too, but in general I like to use the thicker moisturizers in winter. Minnesota is so dry!

Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF30 can be found at Ulta - and if you shop there often, they generally have a sale on Mario Badescu products every other month or so. It's currently $28, I've seen it for up to 40% off - hopefully a sale comes soon!

Pros: It's light, doesn't feel heavy on my face, rubs in fairly easily, and the SPF is 30, which is fantastic for summer because if you forget to wear a separate sunscreen, you're semi-covered. 

To note: I have a nose piercing and so to rub in moisturizer it can be a little bit trickier, and by that I mean sometimes if you're not paying attention or the moisturizer is too thick, then it gets into the piercing or the jewelry and it doesn't look good. It looks like you have white blobs on your face.

I have used this with a Vitamin C serum and it goes on just as well - though I don't actually wear too much makeup anymore, you know.. Covid-19 and all. Though I have used eye shadow OVER this, I don't remember it making my eye shadow cake-y or wrinkled. 

Overall, this is a great moisturizer for skin like mine - that is a little oily, older, and sometimes have acne. I feel like it doesn't add to my oily skin, which is a total bonus. I do have a few wrinkles too. You don't end up with greasy, shiny skin, or feel as if you need to wipe off extra moisturizer (which honestly, I've done in the past with other thicker moisturizers).

Recommend?? Yes! Absolutely! If you don't want to pay full price, wait until it's on sale or if it's a freebie - skincare can be expensive and it can be such a disappointment if it doesn't work. I hate to throw away skincare. Love how this makes my skin feel!

 

No comments: