Pages

9.03.2020

Sunscreen Review: CannaCell Sun Buddy SPF 30 by Andalou Naturals


I love my Tula gel sunscreen but for the life of me, I just can't find it. I would reorder it but it's $36 for a small tube and we're close to the end of the season. I need to find some type of suitable replacement that's cheaper but still good. Something I can slather on that's not too greasy, smells good, and WORKS.



First impressions: GREASY. Oh, so greasy. I had to wash my hands almost immediately. Thank goodness I didn't put this on AT the beach, because I would have had sand stuck all over me! And then trying to wipe wet, sandy, greasy hands on Turkish beach towels is just impossible.

It does smell really good - in general Andalou's products smell really good - definitely natural smelling, not too sharp, not too strong. The scent didn't last long either, which for me is a bonus because with strong smelling products I usually end up with a headache. 


Next: It leaves me looking greasy and also, it sort of looks like I have a white-ish glow to my face. I really don't like that and now I just realized that I totally went out in public looking like a serious half-zombie. I also sweat like crazy on my nose and upper lip - that's not sweat, that's the greasy sunscreen. Good grief, that's embarrassing. 

At some point, it did sink into my skin - but we were at the beach when it did happen. Though even on the way home I itched my eyebrow and my finger came away greasy. Not exactly the best sunscreen for the beach. Or walking out in public.

Most important: I DID NOT GET A SUNBURN. It was still there on my face after being in the water, sweating, and general running after children. So there's that. It works. It stays on and frankly, if you're a busy parent and just need something in a pinch, it's not too terrible, but it's also not a lotion that rubs in really well. 

To wash off: I did have to use Dermalogica's Precleanse to melt away the greasy sunscreen to make sure my face wash worked. Otherwise, I think I might have ended up with a whole face of acne. 

Overall: do not recommend, too greasy for me. 

DAMMIT. I wonder where my Tula gel went.

 

No comments: