Pages

4.11.2009

Seriously? Who Does This???

So last night was kinda scary - I mean, Bimmer is at his lovely car racing /driving school and I'm home. Alone.

And guess what happened.

I watched Twilight (Oh - ok, so my review - totally a rip off movies like Interview With A Vampire and several other 80's & 90's vampire movies all rolled into one. Robert Pattinson is super cute though!) and then brushed my teeth, washed my face, turned out the lights, dragged the dog to bed and then went to bed myself.

There was a knock on the door
.

At 11:30 at night.

OMG.

None of the lights were on. I hadn't even been in bed 5 minutes. MONSTER was snarling and growling and barking. I had never heard him like that before. At this point I was freaking out.

And so I went to the door and stood on my tip toes to look outside. I didn't know who it was so I didn't answer the door. I peeked outside to see what kind of car they drove (I know ALL of our neighbor's cars because there's limited parking so if they take my spot, I'm generally kinda pissed). They drove a small pick up - dark in color, dark blue or black, either a newer model Dodge or a Chevy because they had those stupid brand covers on the back lights and the corners were rounded - but I need glasses so I couldn't make out the pattern.

I wouldn't make a very good witness with my eyesight.

I called the police instead.

Seriously? Who knocks on MY DOOR at 11:30 at night when I'm trying to sleep? So not cool. They had to have been watching the house - otherwise why would they have waited until I turned the lights out to knock on the door?

Scary, right??? What if it had been one in the morning and I had actually opened the door thinking it was a neighbor that needed help???

There's a park across the street where homeless people sometimes sleep - that freaks me out enough, let alone strange people knocking on my door at night.

So in any case, the police came. They patrolled the neighborhood. It didn't really make me feel any better.

But MONSTER did. I didn't realize that he had "Guard Dog" in him!

As it turns out - there were two men and they were looking for a guy named "Steve" and probably drugs too.

So not cool! Generally I don't panic. But I was alone - and when a strange person knocks on the door at 11:30 at night, I'm not about to answer the door!!! That's what the cops are for.

Moral of the story: next time set up the web cam pointed towards the door, grab a golf club and call the non-emergency line because it's better to be safe than sorry!

Oh yeah, and I can't wait for the sequel for Twilight!

No comments: