Pages

4.22.2010

The Back Deck... Almost Finished!!

Well, the deck is now mostly done, but I was too lazy to take of pic of it on Sunday. I'll do it this afternoon and post another update.
We used a primer on the finished deck, but then porch & floor paint over the primer.
We used 6 inch wide boards and cut them down to size for the deck slats.
Here's the pile of rotting wood that came off the deck. Yuck.
Porch with primer.
Now, unfortunately, my wonderful paint job makes the rest of the back of the house look like crap.

I'll post the pic with the porch & floor paint later today. However, be prepared for the rest of the house to look like crap. Eventually we're going to repaint the house so we stuck with a classic floor paint color to match the future house color. I mean, we'll pick the house color based on the floor paint color because we like it a lot.

Also, if you own a home, you'll find that with DIY projects, the costs of the tools are the real expense, not the cost of the materials themselves. I'm tempted to do a break down on the costs, but frankly, I'm just too lazy.

I think the approximate cost of EVERYTHING, including tools, primer, paint, nails, premium treated wood and sawhorses was about $125.

No comments: