Pages

9.15.2014

Super Easy Cashew Butter

 Seriously, so easy! 

I've been eyeing the shelf of nut butters at the co-op lately but I can't seem to swallow the $8+ per container cost. I just cringe a little when I've seen so many pins on Pinterest for homemade nut butters. I decided to give it a go and see what would happen.

I LOVE cashews. They taste amazing and some people even say that cashews have a fantastic mood lifting ability (and watching a toddler all day, I will take whatever I can get to lift my mood!). 


The ingredients. Cashews and grapeseed oil.


Easy Homemade Cashew Butter

 2 cups cashews

1-2 tbsp Grapeseed oil


Process cashews in food processor or blender until finely chopped, add in oil 1/4 - 1/2 tbsp 

at a time, continue processing or blending until as smooth as you want it. 

Notes: 

I only used 1 1/4 tbsp of oil. 

If using ROASTED cashews you probably won't need oil.

You may sub the Grapeseed oil with olive oil, sunflower oil, or any other mild flavor oil.

No comments: