Pages

5.09.2018

2018 Rabbit Strategy For Gardening

I'm trying a new rabbit strategy this year.

I'm drawing them out...to get eaten by the hawks!

Will this work? I HAVE NO IDEA.

But the rabbits ate down a whole pink bush that I absolutely loved last year that I put by our air conditioner to cover up an ugly corner of the yard. I should have put chicken wire around it. It's really my fault for not seeing every single plant as rabbit food.

So today I decided to set out a plate of lettuce and melon. Yep, that's right. I'm going to divert their attention to actual lettuce and greens. I'm going to feed the fucking rabbits too.

A few weeks ago a hawk landed on our fence so I know the predators are out there. I'm hoping to draw out the rabbits to attract the predators and keep the rabbits and squirrels from eating my plants!

Strategy is bold, but at this point, I'm willing to do anything to keep my lovely plants happy and healthy. We'll see if it works!

No comments: