Pages

3.26.2009

More Chicken

Chicken is a main staple in our diet. 2 - 3 times per week, we have chicken. Chicken and rice, chicken with potatoes, chicken and vegetables... Chicken, chicken and more chicken. So, you gotta spice things up a bit. Generally I make chicken on the grill pan and finish it in the oven.
I decided to be daring. Just making chicken in the oven.
Yeah, I know - judging from the similarity of the photos you think I'm crazy. I'm not.
I just like chicken. It has to be simple and easy, no fuss, easy to clean. Just normal.
And this is. As you can tell, sometimes I just make chicken and then a simple salad. The two of us shorties don't eat much, so I have to be wary of portion sizes otherwise food goes back quickly in the fridge.

Easy Baked Chicken

3 - 4 chicken breasts, thighs, whatever
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Juice of one lemon
Olive oil (enough to coat chicken)

Preheat oven to 375 (or 400 degrees, depending on the thickness of chicken. Hotter oven = crispier "crust")

Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Be prepared to get your hands dirty. Mix together the lemon and olive oil in a small dish.

Then dump the seasoning in the olive oil and lemon.

Pour the seasoning mixture all over the chicken. Toss to coat.

Put the chicken in an oven proof baking dish and bake for 30 - 45 minutes depending on thickness of breats. (You can definitely do this with fish too!)

Enjoy!

No comments: