Pages

5.18.2009

Go Green: All Purpose Cleaner

Underneath the sink is where I keep all of our cleaning supplies.

In my arsenal, I generally have the same things. They aren't very exciting.

Just vinegar
Dr. Bronner's
Method Glass cleaner (smells like mint)
Rubber gloves (I actually married a frat boy who still thinks he lives in a frat house and doesn't um, clean up crumbs or drips on the countertops)
Baking soda (which you can't see because the stupid bag doesn't fit).

I still use Method glass cleaner - I just can't seem to find the right mixture of vinegar with something else. And of course, the blue glass cleaning cloth. Just toss it in the wash when you're done!
To make an all purpose solution, it's really very easy. Some people use measurements, I just kinda go by the smell of vinegar.

I'm not one to smell like a salad, so I do it this way (vinegar doesn't smell after it's dry).
3 parts vinegar
1 parts warm (or hot) water
2 - 3 tablespoons Dr. Bronner's

Mix into spray bottle, shake well. Also, shake before each use.

If you don't mind the smell of vinegar, you can make the ratio 50/50 and add lemon juice instead. Make as much as you want or just make as much as you need for cleaning!

Happy Monday - don't go too crazy cleaning...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Nice tip. It's a great way to not use all those nasty chemical products in the markets. I need to be rolling on this.