Pages

9.28.2009

Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent

Yep, we're talking dirty dishes here. I'm about to elaborate on my dishwashing skilz as well as reviews on what I've found so far. I've not been too impressed so let me tell you how I wash dishes and this is what I do with each load. Non-environmentally friendly detergents too.

My dishwashing process is:

1. Scrape the plate
2. Rinse anything nasty off
3. Load the dishwasher

So then, let's get on with this post. I've been searching for a fantastic dishwasher detergent for awhile now. I swear, whenever I want to find something eco-friendly, it takes me so LONG.

For example, I may be blind (ok, not really) but I had to ASK a TARGET EMPLOYEE where I could find phosphate free dishwasher detergent. She proceeded to take one off the shelf right in front of me. How embarrassing. But this is the one she gave me:


Colgate Dishwashing Gel
I was kinda irritated because not only did the Target in Indiana sell Seventh Generation dishwasher soap, but they ALSO SOLD MRS. MEYER'S CLEANING PRODUCTS. So I was disappointed. So far it's odd using a GEL but it works well. It smells nice. Gets the dishes clean but I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH TO USE. It just says on the bottle to fill to line. There's several lines on my dishwasher's fill cups. Whatev...


Free And Clear Automatic Dish Soap - 32 oz. powder - BioKleen
This one is in the mail to me right now from Amazon. We'll see how it does.


Seventh Generation, Free & Clear Auto Dish Powder 75 Ounces
SO NOT IMPRESSED. This stuff didn't get my dishes very clean. I mean, I know its all eco-friendly and whatnot, but still, I like clean dishes (I don't let the MONSTER lick them and reuse them, gross). I would have to rewash some of the plates and cups because gross stuff would be left on them.

So, what dishwasher detergent do you use? Do you like it? Would you recommend it? Is it environmetally friendly?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.