Pages

9.29.2009

Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette

So, it's your basic salad with pears and vinaigrette. Seriously. But on a warm day or even as a lunch, it's the best thing ever. If you bring your lunch to work with you, I'd store the vinaigrette in a separate small container to shake just before pouring on your salad.
My favorite part about salad is making your own salad dressing. Generally the ratio is 3:1 but since oils are different (like sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, etc...), your ratio may be a tad off depending on how you like it. Make sure to taste.
So for the vinaigrette: olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt, pepper, garlic (I used a garlic press on one SMALL clove). And that's it. You could add in some oregano, basil or lemon but I decided not to. I was lazy. Maybe not next time?
Then drizzle over your salad. I'd plate the salad first, then drizzle the vinaigrette.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Are those pears in a salad? I never would have thought of that.

Also I just tagged in you a photo meme if you want to do it. I hope your weekend has been great.