Pages

9.06.2010

Steak Sauce

Nope, sorry, no picture of the very large T-bone steak that was demolished by Bimmer Man and me yesterday. We ran out of steak sauce though. Oops, so I share with you the recipe that I made - I have to say that I will now always make my own because it tastes so much better than store bought!

Also, if you're in Minneapolis and you buy meat from a farm, could you let me know where you buy it from? I'd like to keep our meat local and organic, but mostly humanely raised. 

Simple Steak Sauce

Ingredients

  • 1/2  cup  ketchup
  • 2 1/2  to 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1  tablespoon  brown sugar
  • 4  drops hot pepper sauce
  • 1  tablespoon  prepared mustard
  • 1  tablespoon  cider vinegar
  • Pinch salt
  • Pinch pepper

Preparation

In a bowl, whisk together the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, hot pepper sauce, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.

Tara Bench, Real Simple, SEPTEMBER 2006

No comments: