Pages

4.04.2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies. Wait, I lied.

Ok, so I ran out of chocolate chip cookies and used white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and Toffee chips. Now I feel better about lying to you because there are SOME chocolate chips in these.

I have this bad habit about forgetting that I have a laptop and it can be moved from the office. So instead I just write down the ingredients and go from there. Recipe? Pshaw! Just give me the ingredients, please! As Tim would say, "Make it work!"
The BEAST comes out for occasions. And lately my baking habit has been a bit regular so the BEAST has it's own spot at the dining room table until I have time to spring clean the cabinets.
Oh, yum. Please. Don't tell anyone that sometimes I just bake cookies for the dough. I'm a cookie dough addict. Actually, I think there were times that I did just make dough. Where's that embarrassed smiley face when you need it?
Last fall for some weird reason I bought the baking bars of Crisco and never used them. I don't know what I was thinking. At all. But honestly, I had never made cookies with Crisco before and let me tell you - THEY STAYED SOFT.

Like, seriously soft. More so than than even store bought cookies. Can you believe it? I also accidentally left them out on the counter for a bit longer than I normally do. But that's ok. THEY WERE SOFT TWO DAYS LATER.

So I'm sharing my recipe. Because it's not my recipe and I had NO IDEA WHAT TO MAKE WITH CRISCO. And no, Crisco is not paying me for this (Hey, Crisco - send me some samples...) but I just had to share because I'm a huge fan of soft cookies.

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
  • OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
  • 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)

PREPARATION DIRECTIONS:

  1. HEAT oven to 375ºF.
  2. COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
  3. DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
  4. BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.

No comments: