Pages

4.04.2011

Easy Tote Bag To Sew

I think its' s already been established that I can be crafty and I've had this bag on my to-do list for quite awhile. Bimmer was gone so I needed something to do. This took me 4 hours, with plenty of breaks so I think maybe only 3 total? Not too bad for doing something the first time.



Cutting isn't too bad as long as you do it right the first time. I didn't read the directions and only cut the exterior half the size of what it was supposed to be. Oops. And then I cut two straps. I'm trying to find a way to get the two patterns on the handles (one on each side) with them still being sturdy and 1 inch thick.



You can see the lining better here. Tomorrow I'm going to do a second bag with the lining fabric as the exterior. I should just set up an assembly line. I think I have enough fabric to make three bags total.

Et voila!!




 I think next time, I'm going to try and find some fabric that has fruits and veggies on it - something totally retro and mod. I found the directions in my new book, One Yard Wonders. Totally worth it to buy if you sew! There are so many fantastic ideas - I just want to make them all!

Oh - and don't forget to check out Fingerprints on the Fridge Feature Yourself Friday post!

- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

I lugged my sewing all the way from Minnesota to Manila but haven't used it since. This would be a great project to shake loose the cobwebs! 8-)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading/following your page.Please keep it coming. Cheers!