Pages

5.21.2011

Black Bean & Corn Tacos

I'm a fan of vegetarian food. I'm a fan of vegetarians. I do like meat but sometimes I get a craving for tacos with black beans and corn. I can't live without them. Oh, and with really spicy salsa. YUM. (And spicy foods are so not Minnesotan... I grew up eating hot dishes, hot dogs, mac & cheese and fresh veggies out of our garden).


I make way more than I can eat to make black bean soup with the leftovers too. The best lunch ever. Delish.

1 can black beans, drained
1/2 bag of frozen corn
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander (or less, to taste)
1 good shake of Tabasco
1 small can of tomato paste (or you could use a can of drained diced tomatoes, I guess it doesn't matter as long as you have some form of tomatoes)
1/3 - 1/2 cup water

Taco shells, cheese, salsa, lettuce and whatever other taco toppings you like.

Mix everything together in a pan and let simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until the liquid has mostly evaporated. You don't want mushy tacos.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I like vegetarians too. :-) Those tacos do look yummy!