Pages

9.29.2008

I Forget Sometimes...

About what I do on the weekends. I don't usually cook. But I do normally have a camera in my hands.
And I hang out with awesome people. Actually, I photograph awesome people. I follow people around and I depress the shutter button. At just the right time. So now you know why I photograph food.
It's because I have to practice for beautiful days when I get to photograph awesome things. And yes, I have fun doing this on the side. I work 40 hours per week, clean the house, do the laundry, walk the geriatric Golden Retriever twice per day, cook dinner and somehow still have time to do this.
I love photographing feet. I'm not sure why but I do. I think it's because of the wrinkles (where you don't want to put wrinkle cream) and probably because people are so self-conscious about them. There's no make-up, there's dirt, sometimes they smell, but most of all, they're just that, feet.
And then when you capture the perfect expression, you remember why you take pictures in the first place. To capture the life of someone else in one quick snapshot.

And they say a picture is worth a thousand words...

PSH

No comments: