Pages

1.14.2009

BBQ Sauce... McTatty Style


I ran out of BBQ sauce the other night and well, let's just say it wasn't Pay Day. I had to make it.
I like sweet BBQ sauce so I used both honey AND brown sugar. If you don't like it sweet, just add one or the other but NOT BOTH.
Start off with 1/2 cup of ketchup in a small sauce pan.
Add 1/4 cup of brown suger and 1 tablespoon honey.
Make sure the MONSTER isn't making any trouble...
And add garlic powder...
Yes, garlic powder. Really. Sometimes I don't like chopping garlic.
And chipotle chilis. Exactly two.
Finely chopped. Remember, they're pretty hot!
And melt them all together on the stove until nice and smooth.
Store in an airtight container. Will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
And serve with chicken nuggets.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BBQ is much more fun making from scratch because I tend to use whatever spices I have on hand and add this and that until I get the flavor just right!