Pages

1.16.2018

Obsessed: Candles

For awhile now I've been burning candles. I've become a little obsessed. I mean. Sort of.

Last spring I bought a shit load of candles from my nephew's fiance from Partylite but I bought those for party gifts and hostess gifts and only a few for myself. Then I burned a votive and I was like OH SHIT I FORGOT HOW MUCH I LIKE THE SMELL OF CANDLES. But I also use an essential oil diffuser so I guess I'm a little obsessed with smells.

Not to mention the fact that my house was built in 1949 so I don't actually want it to smell like 1949. Because there's totally times where it smells like 1949.

I think pillar candles are super expensive and I like to switch up scents every other day or so. I can't really do that with jar candles and what the heck do you do with the jar when you're done? I don't know what to do with it besides recycle it but you have to get the wax out first (leave about 1/4 inch of wax on the bottom, then put it in the freezer. The wax will seize up and pop right out!).

I'm a big fan of tealights and votive candles. I put two on my stove and let them burn while I'm home. I feel like that's the safest place for them because I'm terrified of having a house fire. I know, I know, there's people that leave their candles burning for hours in all random areas of their homes but I can't do that!

I logged into Partylite only to find my nephew's girlfriend is not my consultant anymore which means she doesn't sell them. Boo. But here's a link to the votive candles if you're curious about the smells. Normally I don't buy into the MLM stuff but the Partylite scents are pretty great! Not too overwhelming, not too underwhelming.

Yesterday I bought a few Yankee Candles - I think the sage mixes are my favorite scents but I'll have to burn the rest too. On Yankee's website there's currently a sale running on votives - $1 each instead of $1.99.

And then of course at some point I'll have to stop at Bath & Body Works to cash in on their sales that seem to be ALWAYS happening. However, I don't think they sell the smaller candles. I'll have to check it out.

Until next time friends, Happy Tuesday!

Find me on Facebook!

Find me on Instagram!

Also, I have my Instagram as Private so no random creepers can see my photos. Just send me a message through here and I'll approve you to see my random and chaotic life in more detail!

No comments: