Pages

1.20.2018

Obsessed: Cookbooks

Oh man. I LOVE FOOD. I love to cook food. I love to eat food. I love to smell food. I just love food. Lately I've been really good at menu planning and one reason why I've really stuck with it is that I've reserved cookbooks every single week at the library. I try to make at least one recipe out of each cookbook. That has seriously forced me to realize that not all cookbooks are created equal, nor are all cookbooks that great. Not all of them are for me and I've come to realize that I have limitations to what I'm willing to make.

Example - I was set on getting out Nigella Lawson's cookbooks and I really thought I would enjoy them. But then I opened one up and looked at her ingredients and shook my head. NOPE. None of these recipes would ever be made in my kitchen. Which is really too bad because years ago I used to enjoy her show.


This week I went overboard on Moosewood Cookbooks from the Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca, NY. I must have reserved 5 or 6 of them and...four of them were ready for me at the library at the same time. Which is a lot. And I forgot to put them on hold so they would be ready one at a time. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to speed read through them!

The first one I'm going to tackle is Simple Suppers. I'll choose a few to make next week and then by that time I'll have to renew all the others. I'll update and review later this month.

No comments: