Pages

8.20.2007

Beer Bread

I absolutely LOVE the Tastefully Simple Beer Bread recipe. I mean, I could eat that bread for days and I'd be the happiest person in the whole entire world! In a perfect world, I would absolutely love to sell Tastefully Simple food, in fact, I would probably have food parties every single weekend! But, alas, I'm stuck in Indiana and that's not possible on my salary. So here's one of my beer bread recipes that's KINDA like the Tastefully Simple mix.

BEER BREAD

Pam cooking spray with flour
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 ounces Guinness (you can have a sip or two, or maybe even 3)
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Coat an 8-inch loaf pan with cooking spray (or you can stick your hand in a sandwich bag, then stick your hand covered by the bag into a margarine tub and just rub the pan with your fingers, that's easy too)

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center. Pour in beer and olive oil and mix until just blended. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 45 minutes, until golden brown.

Serve warm with butter or margarine. This tastes fabulous with broccoli cheese soup or really, any soup at all.


PSH

No comments: