Pages

8.20.2007

Tiramisu - Patty Harayda Style

Chocolate, whipped cream, coffee and liquor. My favorites all rolled into one delicious dessert. Who in their right mind would ever come up with this? That, I'm not sure, but I do know that it is really, really hard for me to say no to Tiramisu. This is one recipe that I got from the foodnetwork.com and I have made my own. I decided to omit eggs, because I'm kinda not a fan of salmonella and I know that I probably wouldn't get it, but I still don't take the risk, so this recipe uses cream cheese instead.

Tiramisu

8 ounces light cream cheese
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar/powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups whipped cream, divided
1 package ladyfingers
1 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
1 tablespoon powdered sugar for topping
1 tablespoon chocolate chips

In a medium mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Fold in 1 1/3 cups of whipped cream. Dunk ladyfingers in prepared liqueur. Halve and place layer of ladyfingers in the bottom of tall deep glass bowl/fancy dish. Spoon half of cheese mixture over ladyfingers. Top with another layer of ladyfingers and remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining ladyfingers. Spoon remaining whipped cream over top. Sift powdered suger over whipped topping and garnish with chocolate chips.

You can even split the mixture between four tall glasses if you're having a small party or just dinner with friends.

Yum!



PSH

No comments: