Pages

2.02.2010

Art for the dining room?

Ugh. I'm trying to find artwork for the dining room. I mean we found something but... we'd have to wait until August (see story at bottom of post). It needs to go with the gold tinted walls but also with the modern furniture. So I've been thinking going abstract but I don't want to all of a sudden HATE it one day and decide to change it... again and again and again...

So I think I need some help. What sorts of artwork say dining room? I don't want orange. I don't want too dark. I like flowers, sea scapes, city scapes, abstract, impressionism and Picasso. I love Gustav Klimt.

Sigh. I just don't know what to do.
Maybe a black and white photo for $47?
An abstract for $165?

Or like this Gayle Ullman for $38?

Eh, I don't know... something like this Paul Lawler for $36?

See, I have no idea. Bimmer and I saw a fantastic Paris cityscape at the state fair last year and we should've gotten it when we had the chance. I suppose we'll just have to go to the state fair again this year.

I also like prints but I feel like they'd be totally dated 2000's within a few years. Ugh, decisions, decisions.

Which reminds me, I need to go to the fabric store and get a zipper, needles and stuff to make Rusty a new dog bed that can be washable. It's going to be green to match his fur.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I like the first one, But that's just me.

I probably would have gone with the Pris cityscape, too. Then again, I love all things Paris.