Pages

2.21.2010

Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins

I love muffins. Bimmer Man loves muffins and as it turns out, I usually get a request once a week to make them (do I actually make them? Sometimes...)

Lately blueberries have been on sale at Cub Foods so I wanted to make some yummy muffins. And of course with cream cheese, who doesn't love cream cheese?

In the original recipe there's no cream cheese and I generally mix it into the batter. However, I completely forgot to toss in the softened cream cheese so I ended up dropping 1 - 2 teaspoons of it onto the top of each muffin, much like my favorite Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins.

Enjoy!

Grandma's Blueberry Lemon Muffins


From the Sister's Cafe

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
zest of one lemon
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shortening (or butter)
1 cup frozen blueberries

Topping (this makes extra - you can try cutting it down if you want):
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tb lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar

Mix dry ingredients and set aside. Beat eggs, milk and shortening. Stir in blueberries. Add dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Combine butter and lemon juice. While the muffins are still warm, dip the tops in the butter and lemon juice, then dip in sugar. Makes 12 muffins.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Muffins are what i like to call the breakfast of champions. :-D