Pages

9.17.2007

Grilled Mustardy Pork Chops

I totally made this one up myself. The actual cooking times are from one of Rachel Ray's books (as I am totally not the person to be cooking the perfect steak or anything like that. I tend to always over cook everything, so I decided to stick to her cooking times). And I LOVE, LOVE pork chops. My dad used to make these grilled paprika pork chops, but I still can't quite duplicate the recipe, so I'll post that one when I can actually figure it out!

4 pork chops

Marinade:
2 tbsp grainy mustard, such as "Grey Poupon"
1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil
Pepper & a LITTLE salt to taste
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 bay leaf

Combine all ingredients for the marinade in one dish. Combine with a whisk. Put the pork chops in a glass dish or in a ziploc bag. Pour marinade over pork chops. Marinade for 1 hour to overnight in the refrigerator.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Sear meat for 3 minutes on each side in a grill pan. Then put in oven for 10 - 12 minutes. Let the chops rest for 5 minutes.

Serve with mashed potatoes & gravy (with juices from the grill pan) or wild rice.

Yum!!!

PSH

No comments: