Pages

9.14.2007

I tried a Pasta Hot Dish last night... ummm....

I'm not sure if I like it or not! So this is what I had to work with:

Penne, marinara, ricotta, red peppers, onions & garlic.

I made a fake-out lasagna dish because I didn't actually have a pan for the really big lasagna pasta pieces. It didn't turn out too badly, but I wish that I would've had fresh basil and oregano. I guess I could've used the Greek seasoning that we have as well, but oh well!

Red Pepper, Onion, Ricotta & Penna Lasagna Fake-Out

1/2 lb penne, cooked to al dente
2-3 cups marinara sauce
1 small tub ricotta
1 red pepper, sliced thinly
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Fresh basil - maybe 1/2 cup
1/4 - 1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Coat a medium pan with olive oil, toss in the red peppers, cook for 3 minutes then add onions and garlic. Cook for 4 more minutes or until onions are clear and soft. Season with salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, Put 1 cup of marinara in the bottom of a glass baking dish. Add 1/2 the pasta. Top the pasta with the ricotta cheese. Then put the red peppers, onions and garlic on top of the ricotta. Add the rest of the pasta. Top the pasta with the rest of the marinara and if you have it, shredded parmesan. I just used the crappy stuff in the plastic containers. Worked out well. Top that with the basil.

Stuff into the oven and cook until heated through and the cheese on the top is brown and crusty.

Not too bad for making it up myself I do have to say!!! Plus I also have lunch for today, woo hoo!!!

PSH

No comments: