Pages

4.16.2019

Current Favorite Costco Buys

I finally stopped buying everything at Costco - it's been so busy that I was buying as much as I could there to save myself time, and energy, and make life easier on myself. Baby Chewie finally follows directions and doesn't run away in stores which means that I can now run several errands at a time and go to stores other than Costco and Target. WOOT!!!

This means I have to change my shopping habits again, which is just fine with me and probably cheaper in the long run - because now I can shop at Trader Joe's and Fresh Thyme. I do enjoy the convenience of being able to "shop" in my cupboards but eating the same things over and over gets really old and boring - so new shopping habits, new healthy snacks, etc...

Orgain Protein - I make chocolate protein shakes for breakfast every morning, mixed in with flax seed - below. They have both vanilla and chocolate, I think I like the chocolate the best. It also hides spinach really well. HA!


Way better than raisins or craisins. Super delish! I mix these with granola and stick it in a reusable pouch with a yogurt cup for The Monkey's school lunch. I add a container of fruit too so she can make her own fruit parfait for school lunch.


Everyone needs to poop. So flax seeds it is! After two babies my insides are not the same anymore and flax definitely helps. Yikes, that's a lot of information! This is also a great ingredient for energy bites - it pairs well with peanut butter, oats, and chocolate chips.


The kids absolute favorite breakfast is pancakes. I buy this mix in bulk - I use one cup of organic almond milk (because Costco sells organic almond milk in bulk!). I use a cookie scoop to measure out small pancakes and then I make about 8 pancakes total - save the leftovers in the fridge for the next few mornings. You can pop them in the toaster so they're nice and crispy and ready for maple syrup! YUM!

I can't wait to see what I can find at Costco next!

No comments: